Monday, December 12, 2011

#12 Dreams

 

Well these are clearly not puppets in the traditional sense. They are dream catchers, but they do have a sense of mobility and they were hand crafted so I think they qualify.  Thank you to Annie and conscious kinetics club for hosting craft night, how bout that dream catcher on the 66?? Because people definitely sleep there.



The imprint of my head
against my warm, cloud soft pillow
a perfect shape yelling for me to stay.
so hard to crawl from my bed this morning
battling the never ending
internal struggle to lay back
into the perfect mold 
and hide there 
in its embrace for the day.
The meaning of life is getting up each morning
because it's just time to do so
i once said, the meaning of life
is dissatisfaction he said
getting up to make the day better than the 
precedent.
But today, right now
Cold air whistles through the ever cracked window
a high pitched twinkle voice
of a fairy of sleep 
casting the spell of cool air over my cheeks,
it feels so good when falling asleep
but it locks you in the cage of the bed 
come morning. Immobilizing me under a mound of quilts
their colors still blurry in my state of semiconsciousness.
Ten more minutes please.
Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment