Friday, December 16, 2011

#16 Tea and sympathy


I just want some tea. Thankfully school is finally settling down so having tea and making puppets can resume. This guy is made of some left over clay, tin foil, beads and his penny is the tab from a box of macaroni. I think he vaguely resembles Chris Sickles, who recently visited our school and is a great inspiration to all makers of things. Thank you to Kayla for giving me the clay. 




Catch
Quiet but sharp like the 
sphinx who sits on its haunches to
ponder the world that
spins
out of control like a marble in a hurricane
the dream catcher perches at the head of my bed
to capture the strife that drifts through my head.
It filters the negative 
like a purifier in a fridge then
freezes them in its web
allowing me to sleep on 
the softness of the feather fringe
and the warmth of the Egypt sand.

*objectivism? for Karen:) 








No comments:

Post a Comment