Wednesday, December 21, 2011

#21 Office Space

Low Tech opperation today... Working in my parents home office in which I've counted four of these huge calculators...This little guy just brightened my evening. Thank you Dell computers without you, well, I probaly could of telegraphed this post in sooner but hey you tried, and you do make that cute little noise whenever you get frustrated.


making spaghetti sauce
Pulling out little bottles of spices
down from the wooden counter 
in the same order every time 
because I put them back the exact same way.
Then pull out the measuring spoons
and scoop, level, pour
into the old silver sauce pan.
Each spice the exact amount
but slightly different than mom
and her mom
more pepper, a little more spice
than those before me 
An unconscious salute to the natural
evolvement between generations.
Then measure the water.
That is exact, but barely thought
simply done and poured into the mix after
the cans are opened, the can opener slicing
rings into the top.
Bubbles signify the end as the smell
calls everyone together because 
it's ready and done,
Pour it over past and serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment